Had a late night on Skype yesterday and hence, a Good Morning-turned-Afternoon today. :/ I woke up feeling terribly hungry. I needed food, and I needed it FAST.
Then, I remembered having a new bag of Taiwanese Yellow Noodle Sticks, which I got from Chinatown last month. :D
The 7-Minute Beef Noodles Trick:
- Set two pots on the hob (each with a little bit of water so they don’t burn) and turn the switches to full whack.
- Boil water in an electric kettle, just enough to cook your noodles and a little more for soup.
- Grab beef from freezer, defrost it in the microwave.
- Chop carrots and onions and toss into one of the pots.
- Water should have boiled by now. Fill one enough to cook noodles and the other (with the carrots and onions) for soup.
- Crush a garlic clove, powder-chop a single clove and toss into the soup pot, together with an inch of a cinnamon stick. Don’t forget pepper, salt, and dark soy sauce for colour. You would also want to add a small splash of vinegar, which will help make the beef more tender.
- Toss the noodles sticks into boiling pot of water.
- Get the beef out of the microwave and cut to bite size pieces. Toss into soup pot.
- Stand and look pretty for 3 minutes.
- No, I’m kidding. Prepare spring onions, coriander and serving bowl.
- Wash everything you don’t need to help you dig into your Express Beef Noodles.
- Turn off both hobs.
- Drain noodles with a colander and sit it in the serving bowl. Rinse-wash colander and pot.
- Pour beef and soup over the noodles. Top off with spring onions and coriander. Wash soup pot.
- Dig in.