With a pack of battered chicken dippers that I got from Iceland, your friendly neighbourhood frozen food store, I managed to get these babies crispy without having to heat up an entire oven. I don’t even know why I didn’t wanna use the oven but here’s an alternative to the traditional stick-it-in-the-oven trick.
Express Chicken Dippers
- Straight from the freezer and into a wok on the hob, toss the dippers in frozen.
- Turn up the heat to full whack. Put a lid on. TIP! Doing this keeps the moisture in, steaming the dippers.
- After a couple of minutes, get them out and chop them into bite-size pieces. (There is no need to perform this step; I have an obsession with cutting my food into bite-size pieces.)
- Flip them about every couple of minutes.
- Get them out once they start to brown.
- Let them cool a little before chowing down, you don’t wanna burn your tongue, like me.