It’s past ten at night and I’m hungry. But too lazy to make an elaborate meal. The bottle of Bovril catches my attention when I open the cupboard door in the kitchen.
Oh yes, Bovril Pasta.
Remember, Marmite Power? This is a brilliant alternative.
- 1 portion of pasta
- 1 thumb-sized knob of butter
- 2 shallots, sliced finely
- 2 inches of carrot, sliced into small inch-long pieces
- 1 small pinch of dried basil
- 1 small pinch of ground coriander
- 1 dash of black pepper
- half tbsp of Bovril
- While the pasta is cooking away in a pot of water, melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Toss in the carrots and shallots, and cook till they’re done.
- Add in the basil, ground coriander and black pepper.
- Steal a ladle full of the water from the pasta pot and add to the saucepan.
- Stir in the Bovril and lower the heat. Let it simmer.
- Once the pasta is cooked till al dente, drain briefly and add to the sauce. Mix thoroughly and serve.
- If you’re greedy like me, have it with a slice of honey baked ham. Happy nights.