- 200g pork belly, thinly sliced,
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash white pepper powder
- half a bulb garlic, minced
- 2 inches of a large carrot, cut into small inch-long pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 300ml water
- a pinch of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
Preparation and Cooking
- Marinade the pork belly and prepare the carrot and garlic.
- In a hot wok with the vegetable oil, fry the garlic till fragrant.
- Toss in the carrot and fry till almost done.
- Put in the marinaded pork belly and stir about, adding water in small quantities, adding each time the wok gets dry.
- When the meat is about done, add all the remaining water at a go to form a gravy.
- Add dark soy sauce, and salt to taste.
- When it starts to boil, turn down the heat to a simmer for approximately 15 minutes, longer if you want the pork to be even more tender, and if your stomach can wait.
- Serve with fresh coriander.
You can have this with steamed rice or Mini Yorkshire Puddings. Delish.