No space for full description above.
Poached and pan-roasted leg of chicken, with a steamed spinach omelette, served with a red onion balsamic & honey jus, raw carrot and Jerusalem artichoke crisps.
- Poach for approximated eight minutes. TIP! Poke deep with a skewer of small knife, if juice runs clear and is not bloody, chicken is cooked.
- Drain well and pan-roast with a little knob of butter till golden.
- Remove and let the leg of chicken rest.
Red Onion Balsamic & Honey Jus
- In the skillet of remaining chicken juices and butter, toss in minced red onion and sweat it till almost transparent.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar and reduce it by half.
- Remove from heat and stir in a tablespoon of honey.
Steamed Spinach Omelette
- Fill a ramekin with finely chopped spinach leaves.
- Crack in an egg and using a fork, carefully move the spinach bits about to let the egg white flow in and around the greens. Do not break the yolk.
- Steam the egg in a steamer. Remove once egg is cooked, and yolk still runny. Timing is of the essence.
Serve with raw carrot cubes and a garnish of Jerusalem artichoke crisps.