I tried my hand at making some risotto for myself and went ballistic. It became kinda like a risotto version of fried rice.
Risotto of carrot, Chinese sausage, Camembert and mint.
- In a skillet with a little oil, toss in the Chinese sausage brunoise, or chorizo slices. Fry about till fragrant.
- Put in minced shallots, and welcome the Aroma Fairies. Your kitchen hasn’t smelt this good in awhile. ‘Awhile’ probably ranging from four hours ago to four months ago.
- Add the arborio rice and a generous splash of red wine. Cook till wine almost evaporates completely.
- Stir the mixture continuously, adding chicken stock in small quantities each time the skillet rice is almost dry, until the grains are firm to the pinch but soft to the bite, then turn off the heat.
- Stir in bits of torn Camembert and mint leaves.