Seared fillet of salmon, on top of aglio olio with carrot, chives and mushrooms.
- Get the linguine boiling away in a pot of water.
- Meanwhile, cut carrots up to a brunoise, chop up some chives, quarter a couple of mushrooms and minced garlic.
- Toss a knob of butter into a hot skillet and once foaming subsides, toss in garlic, carrots and mushrooms.
- Once that’s done, move it to the side of the pan and sear the fillet of salmon, skin-side down. Flip and cook briefly when skin is crisp.
- Remove salmon as soon as its done, and let it rest while you drain the pasta.
- Add pasta to mushroom and carrot mixture. Toss in chives.
- Add basil and oregano, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Mix.
- Serve with a small squeeze of lemon.
I will never get sick of the basil-oregano combination.