Chicken and bacon work together all the time.
- Prepare the chicken drumsticks by cleaning up the joint and wrapping the bone with foil if you wanna be fancy. If not, skip this and poach your chicken in salty boiling water till the juices run clear when pierced at the thickest part.
- In a skillet with a little little knob of butter, toss in chopped smoked bacon once the foaming of the butter has subsided.
- When the bacon bits are just about browned, toss in minced onions, sweating them on low heat.
- Toss in the peas once the onions are just about translucent. Let it simmer and remove when done adding a just small amount of the poaching water if its running dry during cooking.
- The chicken should be about done. Let it rest once cooked through.
- Baste it in hot butter till golden.
- Serve with a potato mash or carbs of your preference. I had it with hot steamed basmati.