Mussel liquor is golden.
- Prepare the mussels, cleaning them of barnacles and beards.
- Steam the shellfish with a little bit of water, in a saucepan on medium-low heat. Remove when the mussels as they open and discard those that don’t.
- Add chopped leeks and tomatoes to the pan and braise slowly.
- Season with light soy sauce and white pepper powder, to taste.
- Cook noodles in a separate pot and strain once done.
- When leeks are beautifully braised to soft tenderness, toss in the noodles and mix well.
- Serve with the mussels on the side.