It’s a good thing to make if you’ve only got some mushrooms in your fridge. No mucking about, just good simple food.
- Toss into a hot pot a small knob of butter.
- Add in minced shallots once the foaming of the butter has subsided. Fry till fragrant.
- Next, sliced or chunky bits of mushroom. Saute them gently.
- Before the mushrooms are done, add in the rice and toss about well.
- Splash in a good lug of dry white wine and reduce it as much as possible.
- Cook the rice slowly by adding chicken or vegetable stock in small quantities, stirring all the way through, until the rice is cooked to creamy yet still al dente.
- Season accordingly with a crack of black pepper and sea salt.
- Serve with a shaving of fresh Parmesan and/or chopped arugula.