I got real sick of sitting at my desk doing readings, and it wasn’t long before I found myself thinking about food again. Story of my life. Then, I started thinking about making mayonnaise. I was craving some egg mayo that day but didn’t have any mayo, so why not make my own?
This was so easy to do, I’m never looking back at store-bought mayo again.
- In a DRY bowl with a whisk, beat a single egg yolk till it’s creamy and pale yellow.
- Then beat in a small amount of oil (any will do: vegetable, olive, rapeseed, go crazy experimenting) until the mixture starts resembling mayonnaise.
- At this point, you can add oil at a steady pace till you have the desired amount.
- Flavour and season with lemon juice/white vinegar, mustard, salt and white pepper powder. Dilute with drops of water if necessary.
- Bottle it up and eat potato salad and egg mayo non-stop till there’s no more. Then, repeat from step 1.