Then I remembered seeing a recipe about a 4-hour lamb roast.
Here’s what you need:
- 600g of lamb
- 7 sprigs of rosemary
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
Here’s how you do it:
- Turn the oven to full whack.
- Score the lamb erratically and season with salt and pepper. Be sure to cover both sides.
- Smash the garlic cloves and toss half the number of them into a roasting tray.
- Lay in half of the rosemary sprigs as well.
- Then sit the hunk of meat in the tray.
- Drizzle olive oil.
- Place the remaining garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs on top.
- Cover well with foil and stick the whole tray into the screaming hot oven.
- As soon as the lamb goes in, turn the temperature down to 170°C.
- Let it roast for 4 hours, while you watch soccer and salivate.
Serve with a potato smash, greens, an optional mushroom sauce, and most importantly, a berry or currant jam.
There’s something absolutely magical about having an ultra-tender roast with a jam. I don’t know about you, but it knocked my socks off.