I’ve been wanting to try out a recipe like this for a really long time now. Not only ‘cos I crave cake at the end of every hearty dinner at home, but also ‘cos I’m amused at how easy it sounds.
Originally, I wanted to do the Nutella Mug Cake, which can be done in a coupla of minutes in a microwave. But I’ve got no Nutella at home. The horror, I know. :/
Anyway, here’s the successful result of my little experiment, of substituting all the chocolate with jam:
Perfect for a quick cake fix.
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Get it all in a large coffee mug and whisk till smooth with a fork.
- Stick it in the microwave on high heat for about 1.5 – 3 minutes, depending on your microwave.
- Serve with more jam atop.