This is actually yam ice cream.
It’s your good ol’ mashed potatoes, gone wrong.
- Get a bag of purple potatoes from your supermarket, or backyard (if you grow them). Peel the skin off with a speed peeler. Be careful not to slice your skin off while you’re at it. I’m just saying. I didn’t slice my thumb.
- Boil them till soft in a pot of water on the stove. Marvel at the water turning into a deep teal colour.
- Once soft enough, drain and mash away.
- In a mortar and pestle, crush a pinch of dried thyme.
- Add the crushed thyme, to the mash, together with freshly ground sea salt, black pepper, a small knob of butter and cream or milk.
- Serve to puzzled yet excited guests.
If you haven’t heard or seen this before, you must absolutely try it out sometime. Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Fillets will knock your socks off.
Depending on how many you’d like to make, this is what you’ll need for just a humble TWO pieces. But you know you’ll definitely want more.
Two ingredients, two simple steps, for two awesome chunks of meaty goodness.
- 2 streaks of smoked bacon or pancetta.
- 2 fillets of chicken, cut into pieces two inches long
- Put a piece of chicken on one end of a streak of bacon and roll it to the other end.
- Stick it into the top rack of the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes, flipping it at midpoint.
TIP! If you wanna be a tad more adventurous, sprinkle a dash of thyme, rosemary or basil across each streak of bacon before rolling.
Also, this goes fantastic with a potato mash and gravy. More on that next time.